The Carpenter position is a hands-on role, responsible for the effective production of all assigned project tasks; accountable to the Project Supervisor/Superintendent; and responsible for contributing to the success of the project.
Knowledge, Skills, Requirements & Abilities
• 3-4 years of experience in construction including interior finish work and tenant improvement construction
• High-school diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Skilled in the hand-on installation of drywall and framing, taping, painting, finish carpentry, store fixtures/displays, acoustical ceilings, concrete patching, caulking, doors and hardware, flooring (carpet tile, base, ceramic tile, VCT, and LVT), bathroom accessories, minor plumbing and electrical. Exterior site work experience (grading / asphalt) a plus.
• Highly self-motivated with a strong drive to succeed and satisfy all customers internal and external
• Proven track record of meeting deadlines and ability to pay close attention to the important details of each project
• Supply your own tools.
• Ability to communicate effectively, professionally and maintain a positive attitude, treating all people with respect
• Able to manage multiple priorities and multi-task effectively
• Basic knowledge of commercial construction practices including blueprint reading
• Ability to self-perform all work as noted above in responsibilities
• Able to travel (and have reliable transportation) to job sites in Jefferson County, St. Louis County, St. Louis, St. Charles County and Madison County (IL) on a daily basis.
• Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency
• Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule
• Must possess a valid Driver’s License and Proof of Identity and Employment Authorization
Compensation for this position is competitive and based on experience. In addition, you will qualify for all full-time benefits available.
• Employee (and dependent) Health Insurance
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Vacation
• Company phone